Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 8510C - Communication Errors

Hi, I`m trying to use Labview and GPIB with the analyser HP 8510C, but some errors are ocurring. All the cables are correctly installed.

Someone knows why a little red light appears on the left side of the CRT (display) ? When it happens i lost communication with the PC.

When I use at the first time the Getting Started.vi it works perfectly. But then if I try to use again, this red light appears and I lost the communication.

If I turn off and then turn on again the instrument, sometimes the red light goes off and sometimes it continuous on.

Someone Can Help??
Thank you!
Raphael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,085 Views)
I'm not familiar with the 8510C but I would imagine that the red light would be explained in the user manual. As a guess, it might be that the instrument is waiting for a trigger to occur or a valid signal. Some instruments have lights that indicate they are armed and are waiting. Some of these instruments will not take commands until the signal is acquired or the measurement is canceled. Try to reproduce the setup manually and check the manual. You could also try doing a read of the instrument's status register to see if that gives you any information.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,080 Views)
What version of LabVIEW and NI-VISA are you using? Are you getting an error of any kind? Have you tried running your VI in highlighted execution and tried catching problem? What kind of troubleshooting of the code have you done?

-Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,069 Views)