Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 3577 Instrument Driver

Hello,

I am trying to use the HP 3577B instrument driver that I downloaded from the NI site. I saw some posts earlier saying in which someone else was using this driver. If someone is using this driver, I would really appreicated any help.

I am trying to run one the "Example VI" which reads data and dumps to a file.

1. On the front panel file, there is a comment that "definitions stored in disk globals reside on the HP3577B #1 distribution disk in the example folder"
I suppose this means that when the VI was made there were some other files which I am missing.

2. There is a dialog box for disk global file location. What should be entered here?

Thanks

Amit.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,935 Views)
Amit,

I found the following information in the VI Documentation for that example.

"...disk globals volume and folder string control is included to guide storage of the data."

"The Disk Global VI works very much like a global string VI, but saves the value written to the VI on disk (in the volume and folder specified) for later retrieval."

To check the rest of the VI Documentation go to File > VI Properties > Documentation. Or you can always pull up the context help (Ctrl-H) and hover over the icon for the VI in the top right corner.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,918 Views)