From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gpib-nt NTVDM CPU

I try to run the gpib-nt.com app but when I do I recieve an error that the NTVDM CPU has encounted an illegal instruction.....choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Victor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,323 Views)
victorwyo,

Have you successfully updated your config.nt file with the appropriate line? I'm assuming that you are attempting to run a DOS application under WinNT, correct? Check out the following post for more help on this:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=140&message.id=979&requireLogin=False

Let me know if this doesn't help out!

Craig H.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,309 Views)
Just to add more info to Craig's post, GPIB-NT.COM isn't really an application, but a driver that is intended to be loaded into memory rather than executed. Running it by doubleclicking on it is invalid. Trying to "execute" this type of driver will always result in a illegal instruction.

Thanks,
Scott B.
GPIB Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,306 Views)
I finaly got it running the pathname in the config.nt for the gpib-nt.com...I guess it was too long I moved the file to the local drive and changed the pathname to the shorter one and it worked.

Thanks

Victor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,303 Views)