Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors during installation of NI-488.2 drivers on CentOS 7

Hi,

I am trying to install the NI-488.2 drivers provided here, on a fresh install of CentOS 7 (centOS 7 seems to be available for x86_64 architectures only).

First error I get during the installation is the following  :

/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

So I guess this is because of some missing 32 bits library, I look on the web and end up doing :

yum -y install glibc.i686

The previous error seems fixed but then I get this one :

Warning :nikali post installation failed! /tmp/nikaliPostInstall.log follows:
nikal: ERROR: Error locating kernel sources for the requested kernel version (3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64).

which is weird, because the requested kernel version seems to match the one I get with uname -a. I tried to install the kernel-devel package but does not solve anything.

I tried to reboot and execute /usr/local/bin/gpibexplorer just in case and encountered a problem with libgcc_s.so.1 and libgl, which I installed.

I also ran updateNIDrivers which seemed to succeed and rebooted.

Finally, running gpibexplorer seems to work for a bit (a window appears) and then crashes instantly with the following error message :

libnipalu.so failed to initialize

I did not find a solution to fix this last issue yet.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,288 Views)

Ok, so I already have some updates on this.

I tried to run all the binaries and installed the missing libraries each time there was one.

Then I uninstalled the driver and installed it : it seems to be successful this time.

However gpibtsw stills tells me that my driver installation is not correct and that I should reinstall it.

And gpibexplorer still fails with the same error as stated in my previous message.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,286 Views)

Hello,

Thanx for the update.

In order to use gpibtsw  you have to be a root user. Are you?

source http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/8311fff18b5308ed86256c0200653b3b?OpenDocument

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,236 Views)