From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors during installation of NI-488.2 drivers on CentOS 7

Hi,

I am trying to install the NI-488.2 drivers provided here, on a fresh install of CentOS 7 (centOS 7 seems to be available for x86_64 architectures only).

First error I get during the installation is the following  :

/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

So I guess this is because of some missing 32 bits library, I look on the web and end up doing :

yum -y install glibc.i686

The previous error seems fixed but then I get this one :

Warning :nikali post installation failed! /tmp/nikaliPostInstall.log follows:
nikal: ERROR: Error locating kernel sources for the requested kernel version (3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64).

which is weird, because the requested kernel version seems to match the one I get with uname -a. I tried to install the kernel-devel package but does not solve anything.

I tried to reboot and execute /usr/local/bin/gpibexplorer just in case and encountered a problem with libgcc_s.so.1 and libgl, which I installed.

I also ran updateNIDrivers which seemed to succeed and rebooted.

Finally, running gpibexplorer seems to work for a bit (a window appears) and then crashes instantly with the following error message :

libnipalu.so failed to initialize

I did not find a solution to fix this last issue yet.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,286 Views)

Ok, so I already have some updates on this.

I tried to run all the binaries and installed the missing libraries each time there was one.

Then I uninstalled the driver and installed it : it seems to be successful this time.

However gpibtsw stills tells me that my driver installation is not correct and that I should reinstall it.

And gpibexplorer still fails with the same error as stated in my previous message.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,284 Views)

Hello,

Thanx for the update.

In order to use gpibtsw  you have to be a root user. Are you?

source http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/8311fff18b5308ed86256c0200653b3b?OpenDocument

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,234 Views)