Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB+

I am considering purchasing a GPIB+ card to troubleshoot a GPIB based system I am re-engineering.  I was hoping someone could provide some feedback on their experience using a GPIB+ card.  How well does it work.  How much information can you see.  What are the pros/cons with the GPIB+ card and S/W. Things of this nature.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,134 Views)
Hello Jason,

The GPIB+ card is the same as our other GPIB cards, with the added capability of the GPIB Analyzer software, and the hardware on the card that allows the Analyzer to work.  This utility allows you to monitor all of the bus activity on your GPIB system, as well as interact with the lines.  Here is a link to a good tutorial on the GPIB Analyzer.  If any other customers have any feedback, feel free to add it on!

john m
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,117 Views)
I got one a few years ago. For the most part, NI-Spy is sufficient when debugging an driver for an instrument from a manufacturer that knows what they're doing with GPIB interfaces. By that, I mean most problems are with sending/receiving commands and not with the actual hardware. However, when trying to debug an instrument for which you've created the GPIB hardware interface internally, or from a manufacturer that's new to the game, or with very old instruments, that low level control you get with the analyzer is invaluable.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,112 Views)