Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB timeout after a while using LabVIEW & E4404B Spectrum Analyzer

@hadarszostak wrote:

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW to communicate with Spectrum Analyzer Agilent E4404B/E4402B, with Agilent Driver to read trace and create graph according to that.

I get a Timeout error after a random time of operation, it can happen between 5 min to 4 hours and more (I mean that the LabVIEW is running and communicate with SA).

Everytime I get this error the Spectrum Analyzer is not coressponding at all. Can't shift it back to Manual mode and I have to unplug the power socket.

When i plug back the electrical power cable the Spectrum is ready to work again.

I know that I should probably post this question in Agilent forum, and I will, but i ask here one question:

Should I Flush the "GPIB Buffer"?

Please share with me any thougth you have, that may solve my problem. 

Hadar.

Why are you trying to work with a discontined instrument?  That Spec Anny is outdated- (and existed before the IEEE 488.2 High Speed Standard was ever developed!) yes, the 488HS is supposed to be "Backward compatable" but the Spec anny is so old....  Read THAT as most of the manuals for the device predate the HS488 invention by 5 years!

See Here for more information I can easilly believe that going from HS to a regular 488 speed capable GPIB controller would have helped.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(1,619 Views)