Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB reading while acquiring data from a DAQPad 6016

Hi,
I am using DAQPad 6016 USB and GPIB USB-B with Labview 7.1. Is it possible to read data from the GPIB while a stopped (not cleared) task is running in background? If so, how do I give control back to the GPIB USB B and then back to the DAQPad 6016.

Thanks for your precious help,

Have a great day,

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,161 Views)
Hi Phil,

You shouldn't have a problem communicating with the GPIB-USB-B and the DAQPad 6016 at the same time at all, even if the data acquisition task is still running. Data acquisition and GPIB communication are two totally separate processes, and assuming you have the two devices plugged into two different USB ports, you should be able to combine them in the same program without having an issue, just as if you had a PCI-GPIB card and a PCI DAQ card.

If you are running into problems trying to do this, let us know what error you're obtaining and we'll help you work through it!

Have a great day!

john
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(3,099 Views)
Hi John,
Thanks again for your prompt response. I do have an error while trying to run my *.vi. I did a capture with NI-Spy to help us figure the source of that problem. I would like to send you a copy of my software but without putting it on the forum. Is it possible to do that and still resolve this issue on NI Discussion Forum?

Thanks a lot,

Have a great day,

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,090 Views)
Hi John,
Just to let you know that I found out another way to make it work. It is easier but less efficient to clear the Task each than to stop it and leave it running in the background.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Cheers,

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,036 Views)