Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB query crashs

Hi!

I´ve told in one of my last postings about GPIB on different computers. Since today, I know, that it was a coincidence, that my laptop runs with the current program (data aquisition from a thermography camera), and my desktop pc doesn´t.
I´ve checked the bus messages with the GPIB Analyzer.
My way to fetch the data about GPIB bases on an example from LV7: vi.lib\InstrIOAsst\IIOA.llb
In this library you find a VI called GPIBQuery.vi
I have modified it, because I want to query to types of data. In the first, I send a string (DR0,0,256,207,0) and receive something, in the next step I send another string (CR) and receive, at last I get back to local with GPIB-MISC. The sequence is given because of the connected Error-lines. When I start this program, everything is allright. I find the receiving data in the corresponding data strings.
After the next 2-5 calls, I can´t receive any data.
When I compare the logs from the analyzer, there is one little difference at the beginning of data receiving from the camera. In this moment, where the system controller sets the camera to the Talker (TA1) there were transmitted (2ch,20h and 0ah) and usually now there comes the demanded data. But instead of this, the EOI-Line will be set from the camera and nothing else happens.

The camera is set to EOI as delimiter after receiving data from pc.

In the attachment you find the two logs, one with the error, the next without the error. Don´t wonder about the size of the unzipped file.

Thanks for helping... and sorry about my bad english. 😉

Greetings
Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,855 Views)