Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB communication with esp 300 motion controller

Hello all,

I am working with an ESP 300(Newport motion controller) and trying to move two axes using labview software. In detail, I need the first axis reach a certain initial position, make the second axis complete its sequence, make this second axis return to its initial position and finally force the first axis to move to a new position. It looks that the problem arises when the first axis has to move to the new position but this error event occurs randomly. 

Actually, using the NI I/O Trace software I would say that the problem is related to the effective position "reading" for the first axis as from the attached screenshot (NI_I_O_error). I attach also the blocks originating this error (ToReadAxe1Position).

I tried to change also the GPIB cable but this issue is still present. I tried to clear the buffer but also this does not work.

Can you suggest me a solution please?

Thank you in advance for your help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,589 Views)

hello every one,

i want to know about how to transfer the data using GPIB. know about exact Timing diagram..like when ATN is select after that NRDA all like that. if any one have this diagram or any material then attache here...

i just start my project based on GPIB...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,438 Views)
Don't hijack a totally unrelated thread. Start a new one.

Your question is also very unclear. It sounds like you need to refer to the IEEE-488.2 spec.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,434 Views)

i know but in this how data are transfer viya nit vise.. 

sappose i want to transmeet a one data.. but in GPIB there are several instrument conected so .. how can i transfer data...

and how i know the data are trasmited or not. if anybody have referance matirial for IEEE 488.2 then share to me. so its help ful to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,424 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,412 Views)