Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB communication problem between Labview and Spex spectrometer control box

I am using Labview PCI-GPIB card to control two instruments -- a Stanford Research System DSP830 lock-in amplifier and a Spex 1702 spectrometer control box. While I can get the good communication between my computer and the lock-in amplifier, I have difficulty in communicating with the Spectrometer controller. Using Max, I always got an EBUS error when I was sending *IDN? query. Followed the spectrometer controller manual, I run the IBCONF program to set the configuration. The "EOS byte" for both GPIB board and Dev1 can only be set to 0, but the manual told me EOS byte of GPIB0 should be 00H and EOS byte of Dev1 should be 0Dh. Some other parameters mentioned in the manual like "Handler Type" a
nd "Base I/O address", didn't show up in the config window. I am wondering if the older version of IBCONF can deal with these parameters.

Generally speaking, what should I do to resolve this communication problem? Thanks for any suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,566 Views)
Hello Jerry,
The EOS byte is not specified in hex, it's specified in decimal notation. Please specify what operating system you are using, what driver version you are using, and programming language you plan in using.

Ray K
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,565 Views)
Jerry,

Were you ever able to get your SPEX and SRS program working?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,515 Views)
Hi Jay,

How are you going with your SPEX and SRS lock-in ?
I'm in a similar situation and need some help. I'm new to labview.
Thanks! gccardoso at gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,468 Views)