Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB board acting as Talker under Windows XP

I would like to set a GPIB bord (AT/TNT) installed on a PC with O/S Windows XP into talker mode only. Is it possible to do it using the command ibconfig? Which parameters shall I use or are there any other ways to do it? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,019 Views)
Hi Satt,

There ins't a function or ibconfig opcode that would allow you to set the board to talker-only. However, this is a capability of the TNT ASIC.

The following article provides information on how to acomplish this using register-level programming: Configuring an IEEE 488 Interface Board for Listen-Only or Talk-Only Operations Using NI-488.2.

The example code shown is for DOS, which doesn't restrict access to hardware. For Windows XP you need a device driver that will give access to the hardware. You can use the following example: Port and Memory Utilities for Windows

Hope this helps.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,019 Views)
I tried to program within a Call Library Function Node and the subVi Out Port.vi within Labview 7 the method suggested in the Application Note 061 but this does not work. It is not possible to read on the AT/TNT ISA board after having run this program using the normal GPIB read function. Any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,019 Views)