Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB and SR245 error on LabView

I am attempting to communicate with a SR245 device with a GPIB-USB-HS device on LabView.  I can communicate with the SR245 on VISA (I can send commands to read and write and change the vltages at the ports), but I cannot communicate in labview.  When I attempt to use the Simple Serial.vi on labview, I get a "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource" error.  I was wondering how to fix this error and get labview to send the same commands I can get VISA to send.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,638 Views)
Why would you use a serial VI for GPIB connected instrument? That's clearly the source of the error.

What did you find wrong about the driver that's been written for your instrument? It's just a matter of using Help> Find Instrument Drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,629 Views)

I tried using the programs included with the SRS245 driver (like "All Channels.vi" and "Analog.vi") and those produced the same error, so I was trying to work direcly through VISA (which I knew worked because I can communicated in the VISA window in MAX).  How should I be using the programs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,626 Views)
The driver is using VISA and they're should be Aust least one example. Help> Find Examples and look inner Hardware Input and Output.

I don't think you would get the exact same error but then I haven't looked at the driver itself. There should be an initialize function in the driver and you would run this first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,610 Views)