Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB and Matlab

??? I'm still so lost

I typed in: REM ON nothing

\r REM ON \n

nothing... how do I turn on the unit? What do I have to type in?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51
(2,341 Views)

Since you need termination characters, it does not make any sense to send the carriage return first. Append (what I told you to do) means place at the end.

Also, it does not seem that the REM ON is supposed to return anything so it does not make any sense to do query. With REM ON, only do a write. As the manual states, the REM command by itself should return a string.

If the instrument still does not go into remote mode, I don't know what to suggest. It is unusual to even have such a command.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51
(2,337 Views)

that's what I've been saying.

I've been writing REM ON to the instrument and getting the error:

berr = EABO

EABO indicates that an I/O operation has been canceled, usually due to a timeout condition after a GPIB read. Before reading from the instrument, verify that the GPIB command you are sending is understood by your device and instructs it to place data in its output buffer. For information on your device's command syntax, consult the instrument manufacturer's user documentation.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51
(2,335 Views)

And as I have said, REM ON does not appear to to suppose to return anything so doing a query (i.e. a write followed by a read) is silly. Only do a write and see if it goes into remote mode.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51
(2,333 Views)

I wrote REM ON to it and nothing happens ;x

am I supposed to add some strings to it?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51
(2,330 Views)
The termination characters that have been mentioned over and over again.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51
(2,328 Views)

what are termination characters? I'm sorry I'm very new to this!

What do I do so that the machine will recognize REM ON?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51
(2,321 Views)

They are the \r and \n (Carriage Return and Line Feed) that the instrument requires and denoted in the manual as CR and LF.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51
(2,316 Views)

so do I type in:

REM ON \n 

and press write?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51
(2,312 Views)

see this

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51