Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB and HR1300 in LABview

I have NI GPIB interface, that is GPIB-USB. I have installed the GPIB-USB driver. I connect the GPIB-USB to the Hybrid Recorder 1300 Yokogawa. IN NI MAX GPIB-USB-HS is already there, but when I scan for instruments (HR 1300) , instrument is not shown. In connected instruments it shows Instruments not…

Do I need driver for HR 1300 also? I found ykhr130g driver for HR 1300 from NI. But it doesn’t respond with HR1300.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,556 Views)

Is your instrument configured to talk over the GPIB?  What address is it set to?  Are you seeing any instrument when you do the scan for instruments?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,548 Views)

@nijan wrote:

I have NI GPIB interface, that is GPIB-USB. I have installed the GPIB-USB driver. I connect the GPIB-USB to the Hybrid Recorder 1300 Yokogawa. IN NI MAX GPIB-USB-HS is already there, but when I scan for instruments (HR 1300) , instrument is not shown. In connected instruments it shows Instruments not…

Do I need driver for HR 1300 also? I found ykhr130g driver for HR 1300 from NI. But it doesn’t respond with HR1300.

The Yokogawa HR1300 is a 25-year old piece of test equipment. It will not respond to *IDN?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,544 Views)

Hallo

THANKS FOR THE REPLY:

Is your instrument configured to talk over the GPIB?

Ans: Yes I have set HR1300 using its usermanual section 1,5( setting mode address)

What address is it set to? : primary address set to 1

Are you seeing any instrument when you do the scan for instruments?

Yes I can see it : instrument :Insstrument0 . PAD:1, SAD:None Identification: the device did not respond to *IDN? Query

I think now my GPIB nad HR1300 is communicating with eachother. I found ykhr130g from NI for Labview. Its consists of number of .vi program. But none of them is working (attached) . As my understading to the program dataLogging.vi is used to measured online information from devide and write into DATAFILE.TXT file. But program dosent work . I am not very good in the programming. Could any one help it. I am not sure it work or not.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,413 Views)

Hello nijan,

do you know if your device should responde on *idn?, do you know other query for the device ?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5144DBBA272C2A48862578C000649B2E

There was the same problem

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/GPIB-Instruments-did-not-responds-to-IDN/td-...

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,391 Views)