From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS with USB-ETHERNET adapter

Hello,

I have a GPIB-USB-HS Controller and I am trying to hook it with a USB-ETHERNET adapter so I can control it from distance. Have anyone did this before? I am wondering if this will work or not. Thanks in advance.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,601 Views)

if you put a pc inbetween them it could work

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,593 Views)

Albert,

I will try if that will work, but do you have any other suggestion for using the GPIB-USB-HS throught the ethernet? i need to control the device that I am using the controler with remotly.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,567 Views)

If your instrument only has a GPIB interface, then http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209211

Message 4 of 9
(5,565 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion but that would be so expensive since we already have the GPIB-USB-HS Controller, do you think that there is any other way arround it ?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,561 Views)
Do you have the Ethernet-USB and cannot connect?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,559 Views)

I do have GPIB-USB-HS controller also I have an male USB-ethernet adapter. I guess in this case i should buy a USB extention via ethernet which is mainly two consists of two parts; the first is female USB- ethernet, and the second is ethernet-male USB and just see if this would work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,556 Views)

There are probably several companies out there that make USB extenders.

Black Box is one of them. http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/USB-1-1-and-2-0-CAT5-Extender-2-Port/IC282A

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,547 Views)

That is similar to what I ordered, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,522 Views)