From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS+ driver not working under Windows 10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

After installing Windows 10 Enterprise, the GPIB-USB-HS+ driver NI488.2 v16.0 is not recognized by Windows. The system works (still) perfectly with hard drive and Win 7 installed, but when I switch to ssd and Win 10 it's unable to find the driver.

I tried device manager > update driver software > search automatically and even pointed manually to where the driver software is located.  Also clicking on .msi file didn't solve the problem.

Could it be that the signature of the GPIB-USB-HS+ is not signed by National Instruments and Win 10 doesn't want to install unsigned drivers ? Any help or recommendation is highly appreciated. Thank you for your support!

Best wishes,

Johan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,111 Views)

I would look into repairing the NI Device Driver install and use the update service to check for patches (I know that there is at least 1.)

488.2 v 16.0 claims to have support for GPIB-USB-HS+ and installs just fine on Win 10 for me

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PowertorUG

After reinstalling Win 10, the driver could get installed. Not sure why, but now it works !

Thank you for your support !

Best wishes,

Johan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,057 Views)