From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS+ and Windows Embedded

Does anyone know if the GPIB-USB-HS+ will work with Windows Embedded 7?  Will the Measurement and Automation Explorer work with Windows Embedded 7?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,319 Views)

Hello, 

Technically, our drivers aren't supported on Windows 7 Embedded. We can't really provide support if an issue occurs, and we can't say 100% that it will work. That being said, I have set up a system using VISA (which is also not technically supported) on a cDAQ with Windows 7 Embedded before, so my intuition is that it would work with the 488.2 driver for GPIB. I have also found some instances of people being able to get your set up working in the past. In order for the drivers to install, you would have to make sure your Windows 7 Embedded was installed in Application Compatibility Mode, or the driver installation will probably fail. 

See this link about installing W7E in application compatibility mode.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ece477/Version0/Homework/Tutorials/Intel/Windows%207%20Embedded%20Gui...

I know for sure MAX can be run on Windows 7 Embedded. 

Hopefully that helps!

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,292 Views)

Does this same answer apply to the GPIB-ENET/1000 device (ethernet to GPIB) running under Windows Embedded 7?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,281 Views)

The GPIB-ENET/1000 uses the same drivers as the GPID-USB-HS+, so if one works I would expect the other to as well. The same caveat of it being unsupported applies in this case. 

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,278 Views)