From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS Question?

I have recently purchased a GPIB-USB-HS cable and have a question.  I know this device is for USB 2.0 and I have hooked it up to a computer with USB 2.0 and it has worked fine.  When I try to hook it up to a computer with USB 1.0, the computer can not see the cable.  Does this make sense?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Azazal

Message Edited by Azazel on 07-19-2005 11:26 AM

Azazel

Pentium 4, 3.6GHz, 2 GB Ram, Labview 8.5, Windows XP, PXI-5122, PCI-6259, PCI-6115
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,069 Views)
It makes sense to me that a device designed specifically for the higher bandwidth of USB 2.0 would not work on a USB 1.0 port. You might want to check the published requirements specification if the minimum is USB 2.0. If it is, a pci card with USB 2.0 ports is real cheap.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,055 Views)
A USB 2.0 device should work with a USB1.x host although it will only function at USB 1.x speed.

Does the OS not detect anything when you plug in the GPIB-USB-HS? Do other USB devices work in that USB port? Have you tried different USB ports on the same system?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,048 Views)