Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-B device not recognized by Windows XP

I am using an HP Compaq nx9010 notebook with Windows XP Pro. When I plug in the the GPIB-USB-B, I get an error message telling me that 'The Device has not been Recognized'. I hjave followed all the instructions and have updated the bios and drivers of the notebook, but to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstaleld the drivers several times to no effect. I have also tried running the device on an older Windows 98 PC, but the interface is not recognized there either! Is it broken?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,229 Views)
Hi Andrew,

It's Pete from NIUK Tech. support department here. From what you've described it does sound like there may be something wrong with your product.

Firstly, I would just like to make a couple of checks to make sure. If it is broken, we can then organise for it to be repaired/replaced.

1. Has the GPIB-USB-B ever been working. i.e. how long have you had it, was it working when you got and has since stopped working or has it never worked.

2. Are you plugging in the GPIB-USB-B before the computer is switched on. This shouldn't actually matter as it is a plug and play device. It would just be useful to know if it works when you switch the computer on with the device plugged in.

3. I know you've tried it on a couple of computers with differen
t operating systems, have you also tried different USB plug and play devices on the same USB port as your plugging this device into.

These questions are just to cover all the bases before we send it back to the factory for repair. If we do need to RMA the device then I will need to speak to you in person to get some more details. If and when this is needed, it would probably be easier for you to either give me your e-mail address or phone into the department and ask for me.

Anyway, if you get back to me with the answers to these questions then we can carry on from there.

Best regards,

Peter H
Applications Engineer.
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,229 Views)