From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-A

My GPIB-USB-A interface has to be instaalled every time that is plugged in into a Thinkpad laptop (Win XP): "New hardware found". How come?

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,327 Views)

Dear Gerwin,

thank you so much for your post on our webforum. Which versin of NI 488 are you using? I noticed some problems with the thinkpad laptop and the older NI 488 drivers. Problem is that the GPIB-USB-A device isn't supported with the latest 488 driver.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,292 Views)

Hi Martijn,

The NI-488.2 version is 2.24, especially selected because it supports the GPIB-USB-A. The device performs perfectly, but -as I said- has to be installed every time it is plugged in. I have another PC (desktop) without problems using the same driver download and the same GPIB-USB-A.

Regards,

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,270 Views)

Hello Gerwin,

This is a driver issue specific with the Thinkpad laptop (I noticed some documents regarding this issue where they mentioned this type of laptop). You need a later driver to resolve this issue; however drivers newer than 2.24 don't support the GPIB-USB-A device.

I'm sorry to say that I can't resolve this issue,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,240 Views)

Hi Martijn,

Thanks. We have to get a new HS interface.

Regards,

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,220 Views)

To whom it may concern,

We have a old GPIB-USB-A device installed in a very old computer. However, the computer is out of order currently. Is there any driver available for Window 7? 

Many thanks.

KM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,822 Views)