From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB PCI configuration

HI,

We have an old ISA GPIB board working with a production machine. The card is setup wirh IRQ and adresses.

We tried to replace this board by a PCI GPIB but we are unable to set the same parameters.

Is there a way to set these parameters in a PCI GPIB?

See photos of your ISA Board.

We have a PCI GPIB Card (778930-01)20150723_124039_resized.jpg20150723_124047_resized.jpg20150723_124056_resized.jpg

Bests Regards,

AN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,361 Views)

Hellp gtitechnologies. 

I would like to know how are you configuring this variables. Please provide me more information and I´ll try to help you with recommendations. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,248 Views)

I don't think that configuring IRQ and address is your problem. PCI is using autoconfiguration. So there is no need to configure that.

Probably you have another problem. May be the installed/used  drivers are too old to support the PCI card,  May be  the PCI card is recognized as second GPIB controller (gpib1). But it needs to be the first ( gpib0) .

Could you tell us more about the production machine ?  Which OS does it run, which version of GPIB drivers is installed ?   How does the software running on the production machine access the GPIB-driver ?  Is  it linked  statically or dynamically against the GPIB driver ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,213 Views)