From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB Address reduplicated

I'm develop a auto test system that include several Instruments(with GPIB Interface) and a DUT(also a instrument with GPIB Interface).
Their GPIB Addresses is unknown(They might comes from different users,and they config the instruments with their own GPIB address).
I can scan the bus and find the instruments(only the GPIB Address),and with these address,identify these instruments with the *IDN? command.
But my question is:if these are two or more instruments that have same GPIB Address,I can only find N-D+1 instrument on the GPIB bus(N is total count of instruments on GPIB bus,D is the count of instruments that have same GPIB address).Do I have to manually check the GPIB address to make sure they don't have same address? Or there is another solution?
^_^^_^
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,673 Views)
There is no other solution that I am aware of. The GPIB addresses must be unique or bad things will happen. However, your program not relying on a particular address is a very good thing.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,668 Views)