From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Generators

Once I got a USB adaptor and plugged it into the computer it worked. The computer recognized it. I recieved the software for it and an english manual so things should be looking up.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,652 Views)
The pc can only recognize the USB-serial adapter. It cannot recognize the instrument itself. That is something you must do manually.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,644 Views)

@winterfresh11 wrote:

Once I got a USB adaptor and plugged it into the computer it worked. The computer recognized it. 

Clueless again. 

I would hope the computer would recognize the USB-RS232 adapter.

The function generator is totally different issue.

@winterfresh11 wrote:

I recieved the software for it and an english manual so things should be looking up.

Software for it? How is that going to be helpful? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,633 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:
@winterfresh11 wrote:

I recieved the software for it and an english manual so things should be looking up.

Maybe the RS232 commands and it's parameters are noted in the manual....  and if not, a little reverse engineering by sniffing the RS232 port while using the software is an easy way to go 🙂

But peeking into a foreign language manual, I found parts that looks like a RS232 command description... so some simple VISA commands should do the job.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,615 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:
@winterfresh11 wrote:

Maybe the RS232 commands and it's parameters are noted in the manual....  and if not, a little reverse engineering by sniffing the RS232 port while using the software is an easy way to go 🙂

But peeking into a foreign language manual, I found parts that looks like a RS232 command description... so some simple VISA commands should do the job.

You may be able to figure out the foreign language manual, because you know what you are looking for.

I am not sure the same can be said of the OP.

I find it oddly coincidental that he has now obtainedthis so-called software and an English-language manual.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,611 Views)

Here is the English manual with the command protocol and commands.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,587 Views)