Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force GPIB to Listen?

Hello, I am communicating via GPIB with a Lakeshore Model 7300 VSM. This hardware is old, and I constructed a Labview program to control it via GPIB. Unfortunately, the only command that will not work is to remotely send (via GPIB) a SCAN command. This command is, according to the manual, supposed to remotely start a VSM sweep. Unfortunately, this feature is not working properly (in only works about 1 out of every 7 tries). I am wondering if maybe whenever I send the command, the VSM is still in "talk" mode, and it will not respond to the command? Is there a way to force the VSM into listen mode over GPIB so that the command is definitely received? Thanks, and any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,502 Views)

Are you sending several commands at once (setup and then scan)?  You may need to add delays between your commands to allow the instrument to actually perform the command before it will accept the next one.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,493 Views)

Hi, I have already been using the pauses between commands. My issue was data flow. I was not sending an error line through the commands I was hoping to access. Therefore, unless I precisely timed my command send, the command would not be sent during the present iteration of the while loop, and the command would be lost. By forcing the commands into the data flow, I now require the proper commands to be sent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,413 Views)