Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluke 5500A Driver does not work

I am connecting my computer to the Fluke 5500A Calibrator. Using Labview 7.1 and VISA 3.2. The driver from the web does not work. Do I need to download the old version of the VISA? Has anybody facing the same problem?
Thanks
Lian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,801 Views)
In order to help you, you should really give some details on what exactly doesn't work. I did look at the driver though, and have one suggestion. It uses an old VISA Open function in FL5XMCAL Initialize. You should replace it with the VISA Open on your palette. When you do that, the wire to the string called Instr.Descriptor is broken. Delete this string, make the VISA Session control visible, and wire this to the connector pane where the string control was wired. If you want, you can also replace the string controls in the 2 VIs that call the initialize function with VISA Resource Names as well. These are the 2 Getting Started VIs. I've never used this instrument but I've never had much luck getting a driver with the "old" VISA Open function to work. Having a VISA Resource Name on the front panel makes things a lot easier anyway since you don't have to type in an address. Just click the arrow and pick from the resources available.
Message 2 of 3
(3,798 Views)
Thank you very much for your respond. That was exactly the problem. It is working now. Thanks again!
Lian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,791 Views)