Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast multi-channel digital to analog converter

Hello,

I’m a PhD student working in a mechanics laboratory in France (LMT Cachan) and one of the goals of my thesis is to control a hydraulic testing machine using digital image correlation techniques. In order to do this, I need to take a photo of a sample, process it, extract 4 parameters and send them to the testing machine. This process needs to be repeated at a frequency of approximately 80Hz. We need a device to send these values from a Linux computer to the 4 analog entries of the machine (0-10V, 0.5 mA) by coaxial BNC cable. We managed to do this for one channel using an USB connected oscilloscope by sending a continuous current by changing the offset using C++. The problem is that this solution is too slow and has only one channel.

For this we would need a device that has a viable and fast connection (Ethernet, PCI, even USB if recommended) that can send data from a Linux computer (ideally using C++) with a latency of around 1ms, frequency of at least 100Hz, precision of 0.1% and on 4 synchronized analog outputs. Given that I am not particularly specialized in the field of electronics, researching such a device among the large quantity of items produced by your firm proves to be a difficult task.

I would like to know if you have a product that fits our needs and if similar purpose programming has already been done (or could easily be done) to send data from a linux computer to analog outputs (using C++ ideally).

Best regards,

Ionut Prisacari       

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,045 Views)

Hi,

I advise you to call our Sales Services 01 57 66 24 24

They can provide you some advise and find the correct DAQ Board. Nevertheless starting with your requirements, most of them can work in your case.

Thanks

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,955 Views)