From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute different DAQmx tasks based on DAQmx output buffer index

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner labview=>DAQmx user and i run into the following problem/challenge;

I am sending a array of data (signal) to a USB DAQmx device, and i want to switch two powersupply outputs based on a certain output index of the signal. I would like to be able to realtime control the index numbers at which the power supply is switch on/off. I currently can controll the power supply manual from the front panel but want to build in the option to set this to automatic. It is a single power supply that is controlled, but it can be set over 2 channels (-25V and +25V) to power 2 active divices.

I current can think of the following methods to solve this but i am not sure how to do this;

-Request (from within a while loop with a short loop time) the current buffer output index from DAQmx and send command to producer loop when a certain output buffer index is reached.

-Chop the signal that i am using into sections and write every section simultanious with other command, i think this is not a neat solution.

The timing of the power supply does not have to be on the ms correct but within 100ms would be nice.

Thank you for reading;

I am looking forward to your reply

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,948 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,942 Views)