From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception when initializing Lecroy Ivi driver using C#

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

We bought a Lecroy WaveRunner 64MXI-A and tried to control it remotely, we already created a Visa Resource using MAX, tested it using the VISA test panel and everything seemed ok, we queried without problem.

The problem came when we downloaded and installed the ivi driver from lecroy http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/labview.aspx, we added the references like the documentation said and initialized it in this way using c#.

ILeCroyScope mylec = new LeCroyScopeClass();
mylec.Initialize("TCPIP0::LCRY0621N67647::inst0::INSTR", false, false, "Simulate = false");

it throws the following exception:(System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException  Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED).

that exception isn't thrown when we set simulate = true. And we already tested it using a simple message based session, but no luck with the ivi driver.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? any help is helpful, thanks.

PD: I already contacted lecroy but no answer atm, so i am looking for advice here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nelson.fr

Hello Nelson,

Just an FYI, I just sent you an email response to your TeledyneLeCroy email support request.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,506 Views)

Thanks!, i tried everything and the only thing that worked was reinstalling visa and the ivi driver.

Now im controlling it without problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,402 Views)