Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example: "USB RAW - Interrupt.vi"

I am trying to communicate with a USB HID device. I have already installed driver INF and successfully open it using VISA Test Panel. I can see the device under the MAX Devices & Interfaces.

I try to run LabVIEW 2003 example "USB RAW - Interrupt.vi".

I don't quite understand the example. Is it just receiving data from the device?

If I want to send HID data to the device, how can I do it? Anyone has any example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,577 Views)
If it's a HID device, why are creating a VISA driver?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,563 Views)

What is your device, what kind of information can you send it and over which mode of transfer do you need to send it.

Please provide a link to the commnds specified for the device so that we know what you're talking about.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,558 Views)

It is a customised LCD display with USB port. The USB is a HID device, there is complete Device/Configuration/Interface descriptors, and also the HID report descriptor. I am not exactly sure how to find out the mode of transfer from the descriptors.

Must I use VISA? I know how to do LabVIEW graphical programming (but not expert). As for LabVIEW for USB, I don't even know where or how to start.

Is there any example vi which I can follow?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,544 Views)

@splee wrote:

It is a customised LCD display with USB port. The USB is a HID device, there is complete Device/Configuration/Interface descriptors, and also the HID report descriptor. I am not exactly sure how to find out the mode of transfer from the descriptors.

Must I use VISA? I know how to do LabVIEW graphical programming (but not expert). As for LabVIEW for USB, I don't even know where or how to start.

Is there any example vi which I can follow?

Well then my question to you good sir is what on earth do you want to send to the device?

I suggest you read up on the USB spec (particularly Chapter 9) to be found HERE.

If that frightens you, stop using VISA RAW because it'll lead you nowhere.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,540 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,537 Views)

I use hid.dll and managed to get it to work.. Too much trouble using MAX

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,512 Views)