Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error out-hp816xgetmodulestatus.vi

when i run the driver hp816x get module status.vi.The error out status will show error-hp816x get module status.vi.i try use ni spy to check where is the error occur.this is what NI Spy show :
> 2008. viGetAttribute (0x00000000,0x3FFF0007,"")
> Process ID: 0x000004E0 Thread ID: 0x00000418
> Start Time: 11:05:02.137 Call Duration: 00:00:00.000
> Status: 0xBFFF000E (VI_ERROR_INV_SESSION)
I m using labview 6.1. Thanks for your help 😃
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,489 Views)
Did you call "HP816x Initialize.vi" first? You should wire the instrument handle output from Initialize to the input of Get Module Status.

If you still can't get it to work, post your code. Unfortunately, I don't have an HP816x to test it with, but maybe we can see something wrong just by looking at your VIs.

Unfortunately, this contributed driver (i.e., not written by NI) has sort of a weird architecture. The examples aren't very good; they don't teach you how to use the driver. The driver's documentation also appears to be written for C instead of LabVIEW.

Brian
Message 2 of 5
(3,489 Views)
Hi,
Brian.Your answer help me a lot,but i still facing error at close.vi.I attach the vi i make.May be you can check where is the error i make.Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,489 Views)
Where did you get your instrument driver? I downloaded the one from http://ni.com/idnet/, and the inputs and outputs don't match yours. I end up with lots of broken wires.

Let me know where you got your driver, so I can download it and try it instead.

Alternatively, you might try downloading the one from the NI web site and see if it works for you.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,489 Views)
i download it from Agilent website.The driver for agilent 8163a lightwave multimeter.HP816x-driver.
You download the VI i upload?Can you check what is the mistake i make?Thanks for you helping 😃
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,489 Views)