Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error VISA (Hex 0xBFFF001E) The specified state of the attribute is not valid, or is not supported as defined by the resource.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

First of all I need to say that I just beginning with the instrument control using Labview. For this reason, it's possible that the problem that i have would be easy to resolve. However, I have been looking for any solution for the forum, but unfortunately I can't fint anything. 

Then the situation is the following: I'm trying to connect a power analyzer (Yokogawa WT1800) with the PC through GPIB. To achieve this objective I use the Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface. The connection is done properly because I can see and comunicate with it through the NI MAX explorer. 

In order to achieve the instrument control using Labview, I have downloaded and installed the Yokogawa WT1800 driver (ykt1800 Instrument Driver) using the NI Instrument Driver Finder tool. The problem that I have is that when I execute the provided examples I find the following error:

Error -1073807330 occurred at Property Node (arg1) in Yokogawa WT1800 Series.lvlib: Initialize.vi -> Yokogawa WT1800 Series Measure Continuos Normal.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF001E) The specified state of the attribute is not valid, or is not supported as defined by the resource,

I tried to change the input arguments of the Visa open vi because I think that is there where is the problem but I can't achieve any solution. In the following image is attached the block diagram of the initialize.vi:

initialize_vi_wt1800.JPG

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,905 Views)

Hi,

The Vi should work, I used it with a NI USB-GPIB interface. Can you use HighLight execution to see which property node is failing. Maybe your interface does not support the used property node.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by luisi
I would suspect the readdress property. Try removing it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,888 Views)

I have removed the readdress property changing it by the unaddress property and the application works properly. 

Thank you for the answers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,860 Views)

Please tell me how to get out of that, i am attaching my block diagram here

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,702 Views)

Please show the values on the front panel? One of them is not appropriate for this interface. It could be the baudrate or some other control but without more info we cannot help you.

Also good to know the instrument and interface although the interface probably is serial.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,695 Views)

Please show the values on the front panel? One of them is not appropriate for this interface. It could be the baudrate or some other control but without more info we cannot help you.
Also good to know the instrument and interface although the interface probably is serial.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,694 Views)

Hi Albert.Geven,

leave about that one ,now i have encountered a new error,please solve t,here i am giving u the snap shots of my block diagram,error,front panel

I am using serial communication with RS232

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,688 Views)

You just end a string, I don't see an end of line, but maybe it is present.

What is,are the endcharacters your instrument uses, or is it something you did build yourself?

One other remark: please open new discussions instead of using old already solved discussions.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,681 Views)