Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 10 with GPIB PCI Card

PC used: Dell optiplex GX110, lastest Bios release, Windows 2000 SP4, GPIB Drivers version 2.2, Local Admin session.

After having install the driver (without the GPIB)and plug the card, this one is automaticaly recognised by the Os.
But, after the reboot (asked by the OS to validate the installation), the GPIB card appears, in the device manager, with an error code 10 (not started)....

I tried with two (new) differents GPIB PCI Card, two OS (First time with NT4.0 SP6 Drivers 1.7 and now, Win2000 SP4 Drivers 2.2) and with two PCs Dell Optiplex GX110 !
I even tried with a "Ghost" from an other PC (also an Optiplex GX110, with the same model of GPIB Card)

-> I obtain the same error each time !

Help me please..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,083 Views)
Hello,

Could you give me the exact reference of the board (PCI-GPIB, PCI-GPIB+, AT-GPIB, AT/GPIB-TNT...)?
Is the error code displayed on the Windows device manager (in the properties dialog box of the device)?
What is the exact description of the error code?

A PCI-GPIB installation do not need to reboot the OS if the NI-488.2 driver is correctly installed. The board should be recognized in MAX and you must be able to scan for instruments and start I/O communication with the device from test panels in MAX.

Update me as soon as you receive another feedback.
Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,083 Views)