Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807339

Dear All

I am making application for Ethernet to RS-232 converter and getting the below error message..

"Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in RS-232 Read Wrire.vi->TCP IP RS-232.vi"

can any give me solution for this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,545 Views)

Timeout expired.  Which makes me think that your instrument is not sending anything back or you have a serial port setting wrong.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(6,528 Views)

thank u sir

with your help now my application is working.

Regard,

Arvind Gyali

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,435 Views)

I'm getting this same error on a device that works on my Primary desktop, but not on my laptop. I believe it's probably a serial setting but where are those adjusted if the VIs are just using the standard VISA Open without the configuring etc? I try to run any of these examples and it just screws up within the initialize VI. When I reset the instrument the IDN* command will work the first time but thereafter when it attempts the *RST command will completely mess up the instrument and result in an unusable instrument until I power cycle it. 

After erroring out in the VI, I'll try to open it in OPEN VISA Test Panel in NI MAX and get the following error:

Error opening resource: 
USB0::0x0957::0x9318::MY54320347::INSTR

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0000) Unknown system error (miscellaneous error).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,513 Views)