From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807305 occurred at VISA Read in Tektronix 7000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi-

Hello All,

While I can generally find the solution to most of my problems on these forums, I can't this time so I'm making my first post.

While running a sample VI from the instrument driver for the Tektronix MSO 5104, I receive the following error:

Error -1073807305 occurred at VISA Read in Tektronix 7000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Tektronix 7000 Series Acquire Single Waveform.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0037) Device reported an input protocol error during transfer.

The error occurs at Initialization and setting the parameters to "False" doesn't improve the performance as other solutions have suggested.

Thanks for any suggestions you may provide!

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,315 Views)

Hello,

I am working with a keithley digitial multimeter and getting the exact same message. I saw in the posted link that it could have something to do with the average number of messages, but I do not think there is an equivalent solution on the DMM. The same thing happens to me though, when I initialize, the DMM freezes and the program can not coninue. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,945 Views)