Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP301

Hello All, 

I am using ESP301 for control of 2 pairs linear drives in XY Assembly to move a thin wire through a beam pipe. I have the ESP301 connected through USB. The motion and position control VIs when run, don't move the linear drives. Motion control example Vi that was downloaded from Newport's website, can control the linear drive but randomly i.e. the same Vi gives an error in the property node of the write and read command Vi. when the read Visa is fed with some bytes to be read, it most of the time, generates an error. Could someone please provide some guidance.

Thanks in Advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,023 Views)

Hi,

I am by far no expert in Motion related issues, but in my opinion you couldnt made it much harder for someone to help you:

- "an error"? Why dont you provide the error code+message?

- "the same VI"? Which VI?

- why dont you provide the code and comment it, so people dont have to search for it and have to guess where you encouter "an error"?

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,998 Views)

Hello All,

I inherited the motion control vi for the ESP301 stage controller. It is supposed to move the stage linearly (up and down, continuosly) but when it reaches max displacement it stops for about 10-15 seonds before resuming up and down motion. Since i'm using it to move a stage with a CaF2 crystal on it, i need it to be moving continuosly. Can someone offer guidance as to why this happens? and possible solutions.

Thank you for your time.

Lenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,447 Views)