From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers of DG535

Hi,

When ever I connect the DG535 to Winspec, I get a Blue screen on my PC.

What does this indicate.?

Thanks,

San08

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,154 Views)

Hi San08,

Reading through your problem statement, it looks like you’re using a Digital Delay Generator created by Stanford Research, and you’re trying to integrate it with WinSpec spectroscopy software, published by Princeton Instruments. What NI software or hardware are you using in this system?

The Windows Blue Screen can be caused by any number of things, so in order to know what might have caused the one you’re seeing, we’ll need to know a little more about the situation that led up to the crash. What version of Windows are you using?

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,135 Views)

I am just connecting the DG535 to the Computer that has WInspec version 2.5.8 through GPIB.

THe computer that has Winspec has Windows Xp version 2002

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,093 Views)

Hi San08,

Because you’re receiving a Blue Screen, my best guess is that the issue is somewhere in the drivers or software that you’re using. Because you’re connecting 3rd party hardware with 3rd party software, all we can do is work with you to verify that your GPIB cable is working, assuming you’re using our GPIB drivers.

Because of the complexity of the issue, if you would like to work with us to test your cable, I would recommend creating a Service Request. This would allow you to work directly with one of our engineers over the phone or by email, to narrow down whether the cable is the source of the issue. You’ll find the information you need about how to create a Service Request at ni.com/support.

Also, if you haven’t already, I would reach out to Princeton Instruments, the makers of Winspec, and let them know about the problem you’re running into. They may be familiar with the issue, and will be better equipped to help you troubleshoot how their software interacts with your system.

Kathryn K.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,079 Views)

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the reply.

I had contacted Princeton Instrunments, they say that I need to update drivers of DG535.

I dont know from whom I should get the drivers.

Sang

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,076 Views)

Sang,

Because you're working with a 3rd party device, I can't tell you definitively where to get the drivers. I can tell you, however, that your best bet is going to be to ask the company that made the device- in this case, that's Stanford Research. If I were in your shoes, that would be my next step.

We do have drivers available for that device on our website, but those drivers are designed to allow you to use the instrument in LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI, not in Winspec, so I don't think they are what you're looking for. I think, between talking to Princeton Instruments and Stanford Research, you should be able to come up with a solution for the issue you're seeing.

Good luck on your search!

Kathryn K.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,073 Views)

ok got it.

Thanks for the information.

I will surely check with the Princeton Instruments or Standford Research Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,070 Views)
We have changed our operating system from win 98 to win xp. 

@KathrynTheGreatCan you please send us the driver for the delay generator DG 535
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,604 Views)

I don't Know the driver. But I use the technique LIBS. I need the delay generator DG 535. The detector ICCD (ANDOR Technology model DH 520-25F-03).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,594 Views)

Hi,

Linked below is the Standford Research DG535 driver.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=2919

Best regards,

Misbah

NI Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,574 Views)