From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver that work with GPIB ENET not work well with PCIGPIB

Hi
I write a firmware for an instrument. My CPU is 186ER my GPIB controller TNT4882 ( work in ONE chip mode GENERIC pins).I receive the data in interrupt mode via a queue. Software programmed write an application to permit to control the instrument(arbitrary waveform generator). My firmware and this application work well when the GPIB controller is an ENETGPIB but when we try to work with a PCI GPIB only if the NISPY is working (capture on) the application success to control the instrument. Please help because nobody success to understand the problem
Firmware programmer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,753 Views)
Hi,

Since NI-Spy seems to be clouding the problem, you may need to rely on some debug print statements from your application. I would check ibsta for ERR bit being set following each NI-488.2 call and print out a debug message when this happens. What are the symptoms that you're experiencing?

You could also look at using a PCI-GPIB+, which is a GPIB controller and analyzer. The analysis functionality will assist in looking at what exactly is failing on the bus.

Craig A.
National Instruments Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,746 Views)