From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how to modify the driver for the Tektronix 370A curve tracer so that it will work with the 370B?

I am trying to control a Tektronix 370B curve tracer using LabView via a GPIB interface. However, there are no drivers available for download for the 370B. There is one available for the 370A, but it is not compatible with the 370B and I have been unable to figure out how to modify it to make it work with the 370B. Does anyone know how to modify this driver, or know of an existing driver that works with the 370B? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,176 Views)

Hi S _Bracht,

Yeah, unfortunately, the Tektronix 370B does not currently have an instrument driver and the driver for the 370A is not supported by National Instruments (it is just posted on our website as a courtesy) - so I am afraid that there is not really any more information on the differences that might exist between the two available from National Instruments.  As an alternative, you can always develop your own driver using the VISA and 488.2 drivers + a copy of the user manual for the Tektronix 370B.  Otherwise, you may consider speaking with Tektronix or getting ahold of a User Manual for the 370A and comparing some of the settings - there are likely some differences in your configuration options at the very least.  Or, if someone out there has tackled this before and shares their knowledge...

Good luck! 

Regards,
Anna M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,137 Views)

According to the tek web site 370B product page, they claim they have LabVIEW driver.  But I could not find it on their site.  Better to contact Textronix.

http://www.tek.com/site/ps/0,,76-10757-INTRO_EN,00.html

Interactive control of all 370B and 371B measurements is accomplished from the full-featured front panel or over the GPIB. Every operating parameter can be controlled using the GPIB controller. 370B and 371B Series LabView drivers are available at the Tektronix.com web site. These drivers have many of the building blocks to create a custom measurement solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,129 Views)

Did you ever find a driver for the Tek 340B? Or even for Tek 340A. I am a test engineer and  I have both at my work place. I don't see any postings for the drivers. Obviously, we can't be the only ones that want to use the GPIB to interface. BTW,  I have LV13 & 14.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,232 Views)
This is s very old thread and about the 370. You all about the 340. Which do you really want? Both are available on the instrument driver network or Help> Find instrument Drivers.

http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,226 Views)