Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Triggering Tek MDO3014

So I am trying to write a VI that waits for a trigger, aquires a waveform and then displays it.  But I want it continuously running so that when I start a new sequence, I do not have to restart the VI.

Not sure why I am having issues here. I took the VI's out of the Tek MDO3000 series drivers (named differently), and they just will not respond to a trigger.

I am attaching what I have, and I was hoping for some help with my syntax and making sure that the loops are used correctly and what not 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,661 Views)

What issues are you having?

You would probably benefit from using an Event Structure.  You can then tell the VI when to start looking for a trigger and capture a waveform.  It would also allow you to update settings when you need them changed.  You should also have a timeout of some sort when looking for a trigger or you could be waiting forever.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,637 Views)

How would I go about that, as in what event would I be looking for.

The way I know if I have been triggered is when I send/write a visa command, I get (read)  one of two things, either triggered or not triggered.  I need to continue querying the VISA write/read to get when that changes from one to the other.   I tried implementing some kind of event structure, but it does not keep asking VISA for the change.  I will attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,617 Views)

I was thinking something more like this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,584 Views)