From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Triggering Tek MDO3014

So I am trying to write a VI that waits for a trigger, aquires a waveform and then displays it.  But I want it continuously running so that when I start a new sequence, I do not have to restart the VI.

Not sure why I am having issues here. I took the VI's out of the Tek MDO3000 series drivers (named differently), and they just will not respond to a trigger.

I am attaching what I have, and I was hoping for some help with my syntax and making sure that the loops are used correctly and what not 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,659 Views)

What issues are you having?

You would probably benefit from using an Event Structure.  You can then tell the VI when to start looking for a trigger and capture a waveform.  It would also allow you to update settings when you need them changed.  You should also have a timeout of some sort when looking for a trigger or you could be waiting forever.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,635 Views)

How would I go about that, as in what event would I be looking for.

The way I know if I have been triggered is when I send/write a visa command, I get (read)  one of two things, either triggered or not triggered.  I need to continue querying the VISA write/read to get when that changes from one to the other.   I tried implementing some kind of event structure, but it does not keep asking VISA for the change.  I will attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,615 Views)

I was thinking something more like this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,582 Views)