Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between NI PCMCIA GPIB cards

I have a PCMCIA-GPIB+ card , part # 182826B-01

Q1 - Is this a 16-bit interface?

Q2 - Are the newer PCMCIA NI cards 32 bit?

Since some of the expresscard adapters only support 32bit PCMCIA cards, these are important questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,887 Views)

Hello,

All of our PCMCIA GPIB cards are PC Card-16.

Here is a link to a site which explains the differences between PC Card-16 and CardBus cards: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0037.asp

And here is a link to a knowledgebase article with more informaion about the two types of PCMCIA cards: Knowledgebase 2DN9MOHR: What Is PCMCIA; What Is CardBus?

Regards,

Matt

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,863 Views)

For all those wishing to use their 16 bit pcmcia gpib card in Express card slots, I have verified that the following vendor's card works beautifully without any new drivers.

Please search for  ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA PC CardBus 16/32-bit Read-Writer Express2PCC.

http://www.synchrotech.com/products-expc/expresscard-pcmcia-pc_cardbus_express2pcc_01.html

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,843 Views)

Hi.  I would like to check on the type of window operating system  that the ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA PC CardBus 16/32-bit Read-Writer Express2PCC from Synchrotech could work with?  

Does it need to work in Virtual XP Mode , say if my labtop system is using 64bit Windows 7 Professional?  

Regards

lguancho

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,633 Views)

@lguancho wrote:

Hi.  I would like to check on the type of window operating system  that the ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA PC CardBus 16/32-bit Read-Writer Express2PCC from Synchrotech could work with?  

Does it need to work in Virtual XP Mode , say if my labtop system is using 64bit Windows 7 Professional?  

Regards

lguancho

Notice that they say Several National Instrument DAQ Cards Have been tested and do NOT work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,623 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

This device is not a National Instruments product.  I recommend contacting the manufacturer for more information.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,609 Views)