From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developed VI for data input from a Serial RS485 S. Himmelstein 700 Series Signal Conditioner

Has any one developed a VI for data input from a serial RS485 connection with S. Himmelstein 700 series signal conditioner. Multiple displays and channels. Labview 2009
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,899 Views)

Robert C,

This VI was tested using RS-232 port from a PC. It worked very well. This VI gets the current data values from three channels (CH1, CH2 and CH3) via ADC0 (command as torquimeter manual) and is stored in a string variable. The next step, separates the string in three numerical indicators.The commands must be uppercase. I hope have helped.

David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,554 Views)

I would like to use this vi also. Can you save it in Version 9 and send to me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,539 Views)

Ike,

Follow in attachment.

David

David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,537 Views)

Hi 

I am using the same vi which you have suggested and i have selected proper com port and other settings, but i am not getting any data,but if i send "ADC0" and "*IDN?\n" command alternatively then it is giving the data...but if i do that i will get zero and data alternatively.I want to get data without zero in between.. any solutions on why i have to send *IDN?\n?

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,231 Views)

Hi ELNO, 

Do get more replies on your post, I would recommend starting a new forum question.  Could you also please verify the device you are using?  Thanks.

-Devon

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,185 Views)

Hi

Thank you very much for reply....

The issue is solved....."ADC0\n" command is working.

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,990 Views)