From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSO9404A Automation using Labview

Dear sir,

I would like to know whether it is possible to access digital output (4 channels) of above DSO9404A oscilloscope through Ethernet using LabVIEW. I tried with DSO9404A IVI drivers and example VIs are available in LabVIEW to control the scope, but it is throwing errors. Kindly let me know the procedure to automate the oscilloscope. 

Thanks & Regards,

S Nagaraju,

+91 9989554142

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,596 Views)
You should be able to use either the IVI or LabVIEW driver. Is it detected in MAX? Have you configured it for Ethernet communication? Are you connecting it directly to your pc? Providing the actual error number and message is important. Just saying it throws errors does not help.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,549 Views)

Yes, Oscilloscope is detected in NI MAX. I configured scope via LAN directly to my PC. It is throwing the below mentioned error while running the example Acq Wfm Edge Trigged.VI. Kindly let me know the another procedure instead of IVI drivers to control the scope. Means if signals are present at 4 channels i have to do some manual adjustments like auto scale, trigger source, changing of time scale and voltage levels, etc. Thease things should be automated every time when the signals are presented at 4 channels.

DSO Error.JPGDSO Example.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,530 Views)
As I already said, you can use the LabVIEW driver instead of the IVI driver. I don't see the point of using IVI unless you use the class driver. You were the one that chose to download the IVI driver. Why?

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=16298

I don't know the source of the error. You don't show your code and I seldom use IVI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,509 Views)