Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM Version Mismatch Error

I am running a TestStand sequence which makes a call to niDMM_init. Most times this works correctly, but intermittently I get error -1074117853 (every week or so, the function is may be called 50 times between failures)

"Error, Version mismatch error! Please verify the installation of all NI-DMM components. You may need a newer version of NI-DMM"

There are a large number of developers here who *may* be using different versions of NI-DMM on theor development machines to what is installed on the Test Rigs. This was my first thought - that perhaps there were some incompatibilities in DLL Ordinals between the various versions of NI-DMM. However, rebooting the rig and running the same sequence again allows it to work. Surely if this was the case - the problem would exist every time?

Sadly I cant attach the sequence here (since the niDMM_init function is buried inside a code module and a sub dll inside that - but I have traced it through and it is the niDMM_init function returing the error).

What I need to know is:

Is there a problem with developing on one driver version and then running with another?
If all the developers use the same versions of the drivers or at least compile the software with the same version - will this go away?
Why is the problem intermittent?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,809 Views)
My mistake - posted to the wrong board. Have reposted in DMMs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,805 Views)