Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't detected my 4155C analyzer by Labview

Can I use 82357A USB/GPIB interface to link Analyzer 4156B to PC with Labview?
Are there any settings in Labview or 4516B that I need to make?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,005 Views)
Hi ECHOO,

I googled the 82357A to learn that is it an Agilent GPIB device. You can use LabVIEW with Agilent GPIB products, even though there are a couple of extra steps that are not necessary when using NI GPIB devices. I'm assuming that you are using VISA functions to try to communicate through GPIB. The VISA Resource Name input gets its list from a configuration utility called Measurement in Automation Explorer (MAX) that should have been installed with LabVIEW. In order to see your Agilent GPIB devices in MAX, you will need to open up this program, and then go to the Tools option in the menu bar at the top. From there, select NI-VISA and VISA Options... This will bring up a new window with a menu tree on the left. From this menu, highlight Passports, which will bring up a checklist of VISA Passports. Click the checkbox for NI-VISA Passport for Tulip. This allows MAX to see Agilent devices. After this, if you expand the Devices and Interfaces entry on the far left, you should see the GPIB interface from Agilent.

After that is completed, you should see this GPIB port in the VISA Resource Name drop-down box in LabVIEW. Hope this helps!

john
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,995 Views)
i have tried to use Agilent 82357A also for my labview, it doesn't work also. i have tried the suggested method above, however, i still can't use the Agilent 82357A (USB-GPIB). do i need to set other thing to make it work?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,956 Views)
i have be able to make the agilent 82357a to communicate with the equipment, by changing to another notebook.
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,950 Views)