From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could somebody talk me about the class of GPIB board FCC ID: B9482335, is this PCI-GPIB? Is it posible for this card work in LabVIEW?

I would like to control HP3457A meter using GPIB hardware FCC ID: B9482335 and LabVIEW 6 software.
I try to install the GPIB card using "Getting Started Wizard", but I don't know what GPIB class I have to select (i.e: PCI-GPIB,...).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,439 Views)
Hi David,

I am not sure what the FCC ID of pci-gpib is, but you should be able to look in the corner of the board at either PCI-GPIB or AT-GPIB/TNT should be written there. It also should be printed on the metal face of the card (near the connector). If it is PCI-GPIB, it should auto detect when it is installed.

Hope this helps out!

Best Regards,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,438 Views)
Searching for FCC ID B9482335 at www.fcc.gov gives the following page http://ftp.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Databases/eadf.dat/eadprog/Certification-1989.db
which seems to imply that your board is made by HP. Are you sure you have an NI board?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,438 Views)
I know my 82335 card is HP manufactured, but I want to use it with labVIEW 6, if it is posible.

I was informed that using Agilent IO Libraries I was in a good way to get my object, and that hp-ib card 82335 only work with Windows 95.

Other question is what version of these libraries is right with my porpuse and if there is any problem working with 82335 HP-IB card, Windows 95, LabVIEW 6 and Agilent IO Libraries at the same time.

Could you answer me about this question?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,438 Views)
Hi Aaronk:

I think my 82335 is a PCI card and I want to use it with labVIEW 6, if it is posible.

I was informed that using Agilent IO Libraries I was in a good way to get my object, and that hp-ib card 82335 only work with Windows 95.

Other question is what version of these libraries is right with my porpuse and if there is any problem working with Windows 95, LabVIEW 6 and Agilent IO Libraries at the same time.

Could you answer me about this question?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,438 Views)