Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling two power supplies using GPIB-USB-HS

Please help me to find out how to make the program behave well when one or both devices are not present

I am using the HP66XXA drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,619 Views)

@confused2000 wrote:

Please help me to find out how to make the program behave well when one or both devices are not present

I am using the HP66XXA drivers.

If they respond to *IDN? , just check for that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,618 Views)
The whole purpose of the initialize function is to check if the instrument is there as nyc points out. We have no idea how to make your program perform 'well' since you have not defined 'well' or provided your program.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,609 Views)

Thanks for your quick response.

When  there are no devices connected the program shows

"Error 1073807195 occurred at hp66xxa Initialize With Options.vi"

"Posible reasons: Driver status Hex 0xBFFF00A5. "

"The interface type is valid, but the specified interface number is not configured."

If "continue" selected, The program keep repeating the message.But the initialize is not inside a loop.

The code is just a call to the HP5XXA initalize with the reset=FALSE and the request ID=FALSE. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,602 Views)
You are using the IVI driver and not the LabVIEW one. What is the physical interface? GPIB, USB, Ethernet? You should be able to trap the error if you use the wire and not the automatic error handling.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,599 Views)

I am using a GPIB-USB-HS Cable.

The power supply is a HP6675A (GPIB side). The computer is a EliteBook (USB side) with Windows 7 (64 bit)

Please let me know which driver you recommend and any brief example. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,570 Views)
The project style driver that you can download when using Help> Find Instrument Drivers has an example. Just like all the other examples, this is found with Help> Find Examples.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,564 Views)

I am using the Continuous Measurement and Logging Template. Instructions step 1 Add hardware refnums

How to create/add the hardware refnums for the HP66XXA drivers ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,550 Views)
That template is for daq devices if I recall correctly. Are you still using the IVI driver or the LabVIEW one? Either way, you have the resource name.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,541 Views)

I hope you have some answers to help me to meet my deadlines.

I believe the (Continous) template for Labview 2013 is not limited to the DAQ devices.

Yes, I am using the hp66xxa (IVI driver). Or any other driver that works. Please let me know if you thing I should not use it.

I need more detailed information about how each driver works. The (hp66xxa do not have a help option)

Please explain in more  detail how to create a hardware refnum.

It is not trival (At least not to me) that having the resource name explains how to create one.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,476 Views)