Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling OPUS by Bruker with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi !

I know that this topic is old, but I have now big difficulties to find the VBToolKit.

Moreover, I do not understand how to add DLLs on LabVIEW...

Thanks for help !

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 39
(4,250 Views)

sinnanodelta,

It has been quite a while since I solved this issue, but here's what I remember. 

1. On the front panel, open the controls panel, and find Refnum > Automation Refnum.

2. Once the refnum is on the front panel, right click and select 'Select ActiveX Class' > Browse. This will give you a list of ALL available DLLs on your machine. If you search around you should find the OPUS DLL in the list. If it's not there, you might have to do some digging in the Program Manager to make sure OPUS installed correctly.

3. On the block diagram, drop in a Property Node (Functions Panel > Application > Property Node). Wire the refnum to the reference input of the property node.

4. Click the now active propery node for the list of all the possiblities.

I've attached a screenshot of a program that simply starts OPUS in the background. Once you get to this point, you'll be able to dig around on all the possibilities. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 39
(4,242 Views)

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !

I can't find any opus.dll (there is OpusLabForm.dll, OpusFFT.dll, Opus2Vision.dll, Opus2FPA_u.dll, OpusMVC.dll, opusutil.dll, but nothing else).

Argh.

I would like to know if you could send me the VBToolkit mentioned earlier in the topic (since the link is dead and we don't have it in the opus folder on the install key). LV seems to not like when we try to add a DLL when browsing with the refnum automation, so will the opus dll work fine?

If it does not work, do you think we could acquire a spectra using LabVIEW with another method?

Thanks again !!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 39
(4,234 Views)

I personally have not tried it another way. You could write some VisualBasic code and link it into LabVIEW using ActiveX server. There are a truckload of examples on the web. You could try there.

I came across the attached pdf when searching for some VB to LabVIEW stuff I did during graduate school. Been a long time since I touched that, so you could start there.

I've found the VBToolkit, but it might be pretty old. After I ran the install .exe, OPUSCMD (v.3.3.4) appeared in my list of Type Libraries. I can't post it here, but I'll try to get it to you via Message.

Message 24 of 39
(4,232 Views)

Hi

I really need OPUS VBToolkit too. Would you please send me copy?

Much appreciate!

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 39
(4,187 Views)

E-mail me: patrick.buckley at gtri dot gatech dot edu

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 39
(4,178 Views)
Thanks so much for your help!
I am sending an email now.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 39
(4,183 Views)
Hi
I sent you a gmail , eb.feng at gmail at com. Would please check it, blocked mail box ?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 39
(4,173 Views)

Yes, I got it.

Very much appreciate!

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 39
(4,147 Views)

Hiiiiiii...

Could you be kind enough to send me a copy of this OPUS VBToolkit. The link you gave seems dead. I wrote you an email too from gmail. I am running a pretty old version of labview (labview 6) to control the OPUS. Your help would be a bid lead to my work.

Regards,
Shovon.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 39
(4,035 Views)