Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control an applied motion servo motor via TCP through labview

Hi,

I need to control an applied motion servo motor (model: SVAC3-S-E220) through labview. Basically, I need the motor to perform a sinusoidal oscillatory motion (So, I have provided a sinusoidal signal as an input to the TCP write command, refer event case 3 of the attached  AI_TCP_siggen.vi). Though the signal is being generated and written to the TCP write function too, the motor is not performing any motion.

I had downloaded a vi from the Applied motion website that enables the motor to perform basic linear distance moves at the desired acceleration and velocity. That seems to be working fine and I'm able to control the motor. The issue here is that I need the motor to perform a sinusoidal oscillation and Im not able to do that.

Kindly do look into the problem and suggest me the necessary corrections. I'm attaching my vi along with this post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,568 Views)

Pujwahar,

What you want to do is complex and most motion controllers do not support this. You need 'analog' velocity control, which is not possible in a 'step & direction' system.

You would be better served if you output the Dir and Step pulses directly to the motor controller, than using the 'serial/TCP' interface.

Using you code, you'd take the waveform and output the 'steps' at a interval you set. this would give you the smoothest motion profile.

Also, Trinamic stepper controllers provide for near analog velocity control.

Sorry the answer is not what you want. You can do a sine wave with your setup- but it would be very slow and low resolution.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,521 Views)